The American College & University President’s Climate Commitment has over 600 signatures now. Is your institution one of them? By joining the ACUPCC institutions commit to work toward climate neutrality through education, leadership and modeling of sustainable behavior. They agree to:
- Complete an emissions inventory.
- Within two years, set a target date and interim milestones for becoming climate neutral.
- Take immediate steps to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by choosing from a list of short-term actions.
- Integrate sustainability into the curriculum and make it part of the educational experience.
- Make the action plan, inventory and progress reports publicly available.