Below are some web sites that offer ideas to be green in more ways than one this holiday season. Some ideas include – using newspapers, old posters, maps, or blueprints to wrap gifts; or decorating paper bags, creating reusable fabric bags, or giving real cloth bags that the receiver can then reuse at stores. Send e-cards not paper cards. Lights can be LEDs that are more energy efficient and turn them off as much as you can. Some people suggest making ornaments and gifts out of recycled materials: create a purse from a book, candle lanterns made from old tin cans, beer bottle to make a tree, reusing old cards as gift tags, etc. Check out these sites for more ideas:
- The Recycle This Guide to Recycling at Christmas
- How do I make Christmas Decorations reusing and recycling?
- How to green your giving
- Green your holidays: 20 sustainable tips
- Inhabitat’s Green Gift Guide
- Represent Future Present Design Ideas (ideas for wrapping w/o tape and reusable wrap!)