- @twilightearth – TwilightEarth is a great new green blog with a killer Twitter account. Blogger Adam Shake manages the tweets and shares tons of interesting eco links and RTs (retweets for you non-tweople).
- @elephantjournal– Elephant Journal is a Boulder, Colorado based publication that focuses on living the “mindful life”. Run by my pal Waylon Lewis, their Twitter account is rich with green news and information.
- @ecorazzi – If you dig gossip and the environment, you’ll love Ecorazzi, the premiere online destination for all things celebrity eco. They use their Twitter account to highlight great content found on their site and on the web in general.
- @greensmith – Paul Smith is the brains behind @greensmith. He’s a West Coast green business consultant and prolific green blogger who can always be found at Ecopreneurist and Triple Pundit.
- @greengirls – Eco hottie Apple Levy both runs @greengirls and founded The Green Girls, a great blog for covering green issues from a woman’s point of view. She tweets great green stuff.
- @derekmarkham – Derek Markham is the other half of TwilightEarth’s founding duo (with Adam Shake, see above) and is a verifiable Twitter badass — his group of nearly 4,000 followers is chock full of powerful green influencers and trendsetters. He’s mastered the art of the tweet and and has a keen eye for green news.
- @thegoodhuman – David runs The Good Human, a green blog that’s been around the blogosphere for nearly three years (a lifetime in this game). His site is a great resource for how to live a greener life and his Twitter account is an extension of his site’s mission.
- @greenbiztweets – Hugh Byrne drives @greenbiztweets and works full time at GreenBiz.com. His Twitter account hoovers up all the green content on the web and spits out the best stuff for our enjoyment.
- @treehugger – Treehugger is the granddaddy of the green blogosphere. They were one of the first green blogs on the web and is certainly the highest profile site, having been bought for a whole lotta dollars by the Discovery Channel last year. Their Twitter account blasts out great info from their site and from around the web.
- @maxgladwell – Max Gladwell is a website that covers the world of green social media. They’re all over the web and have a great grasp on all the technology we use to get the good green word out. They want us to live green, but connected lives. Their Twitter account is awesome.
And I personally follow:
- @sustainablog – “Blogging a Greener World” http://sustainablog.org/
- @grist – “Environmental journalism at its best. A beacon in the smog, if you will.” http://www.grist.org
- @ecogeek – “Hank Green is the founder and chief geek at EcoGeek.org. Aside from being obsessed with saving the planet with technology, he loves to write and make videos.”
Also check out this past post I did on green twitterers!