Call for Speakers for “Going Green @ Your Library 2: Working Green, Teaching Green” Amigos’ second Going Green @ Your Library online conference will be Wednesday, November 3, 2010. We are looking for librarians interested in sharing their ideas, experiences and excitement about green practices at their library. Our keynote speaker will be Monika Antonelli, co-editor of the forthcoming Greening Libraries (Library Juice Press, 2011) and Reference/Instruction Librarian at Minnesota State University Mankato. In addition to the keynote session, we hope to have two simultaneous tracks running throughout the day:
- Working Green This track will focus on the green practices implemented in libraries. Some of the areas of interest include:
- Green library buildings/renovations
- Green IT
- Green practices in the library (e.g. Green ILL, Green Cataloging)
- Teaching Green This second track focuses on ways your library shows the way to be green to others in your community. Topics might include:
- Green programming at the library
- How your library facilitates research on environmental topics
- Green by example: how your library leads others in implementing green practices Other topics are welcome!
Each session will be 45 minutes in length. If you’re i nterested in presenting, but have never done it online, don’t worry — we will teach you what you need to know! We welcome submissions from librarians in academic, public, school, and special libraries. To submit your presentation idea(s), go to http://greenlibs2.amigos.org/ and complete the submission form. Proposals will be accepted until September 30.
If you have questions, please contact us at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.