The ALA Office for Diversity, Literacy, and Outreach Services (ODLOS)is launching Intersections, a new blog that highlights the everyday work of library and information science workers as they advocate for equity and inclusion as they relate to diversity, literacy and access among membership, the field of librarianship and the communities they serve. The blog invites submissions from across the library profession featuring:
- those from historically and disadvantaged racial and ethnic groups;
- those who experience socioeconomic barriers, people experiencing hunger, homelessness and poverty;
- immigrants, refugees and new Americans; those discriminated against based on nationality or language;
- those who are geographically isolated;
- those experiencing barriers in regards to access to literacy; and new and non-readers.