The 1st International Conference on Green Libraries – Lets Go Green! organized by the National and University Library in Zagreb / Brijuni, Croatia, 8-10 November 2018
is the first of its kind in the world and aims to create guidelines and conditions helping libraries communicate green content and programs, promote and enhance the awareness of the communicators themselves about the environment preservation and sustainable development and to strengthen existing cooperation among institutions sharing the same area of interest by exchanging insight into the current and predicted socio-economic impact of their programs on users. The official language of the conference is English.
Co-organizer of the conference is the Croatian Library Association – Working Group for Green Libraries, supported by the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Croatia. It will be held at:
Call for Presentations on topics such as:
- Building a green and sustainable library – architecture, adaptation, extension
- Green collections – collection development, availability of items, educating librarians
- Libraries and digital commons – knowledge commons, material footprint and artificial scarcity in knowledge access
- Interacting with the community – educating users, societal impact
- Green literacy and mental ecological education – sociology, medicine, cultural anthropology, ethnology, philosophy, ethics, bioethics in librarianship and the media
- Green projects and programs – presentation, realization, evaluation
The application form for abstracts can be found here. Submission deadline for abstracts is 30 April 2018. Acceptance notices will be sent by 2 June 2018. Conference proceedings will be published.
- The form for attendance applications can be found here.
- Early registration deadline is 30 September 2018. The registration fee is 50 EUR.
- Late registration deadline is 31 October 2018. The registration fee is 70 EUR.
- The fee for the Brijuni excursion, which takes place on 10 November 2018, is 30 EUR.
- A 25% value-added tax is included in the fees.
- The fees cover participation in the conference, materials (for attendees and students), a welcome drink, refreshments during breaks and a dinner.