Various ideas to consider with the holidays coming….
- World Wildlife Fund, National Wildlife Federation, The Sierra Club, Nature Conservancy and others allow you to adopt an animal or buy gifts that benefit the organization and its conservation work.
- Give the gift of outside! Such as membership in an outdoors club, rock climbing lessons, a deluxe tune up for their bike, or maybe even that kayak they have always wanted to buy.
- You can give all kinds of water- or energy-saving tech that’s fun to use and green. Learning thermostats or smart light switches can be a good choice for people who love gadgets.
- Give someone a living plant! A terrarium, herb plants, plant a tree, etc.
- Make a gift, reuse, upcycle it! Candles, lip balm or jewelry (i like the spoon rings!) Some great ideas off the Fun in the Making Blog “green” crafting.
- If you struggle with making it yourself, buy from others who did such as Uncommon Goods.
- Find something local to give.
- Give the gift of experiences such as wine tasting, bike tour, pottery class, cooking class, movie tickets or show tickets.
- Gifts that cut back on waste like reusable snack bags, bamboo utensil set, reusable water bottle, etc.