What is your library doing for Earth Day next week?
- presentations by local groups on climate change/initiatives/etc,
- screening and discussion of Story of Stuff documentary,
- plant a tree(s),
- a “Wait-Wait-Don’t-Toss-That” event (how to reuse items),
- collection of recyclable materials/shred-a-ton/sneakers-for-turf collection,
- quiz/contest with prizes from local eco-friendly companies,
- community expo of local green organizations,
- potted flower and herb giveaway/fundraiser,
- Recycling Our Reads” or book swamp,
- howto/DIY workshops,
- farmers market, games/crafts/stories for kids,
- geocaching for teens,
- create recycled jewelry,
- ArtCan! (sculpture building competition of canned/boxed goods – then donated to local food bank)
- reading of The Lorax by Seuss & plant a sunflower seed to take home,
- trash clean up, invasive weed clean up,
- composting workshop,
- solar energy generated stage for local music
- .. and much more!!
YALSA also has some suggestions too.